What is Fresh Grade? Cliff Waldie arrived to UNBC to give us Teacher Candidates insight on how Fresh Grade works for teachers.  I learned Fresh grade is an online portfolio that gives permission to comment and interact on student’s school work in any given device. Fresh Grade is a platform utilized mainly for communication.

What can Fresh Grade do for you? I learned it can be used to enhance student assessment and facilitate student/teacher/parent communication. For example,  if a student creates something in class that they want to share, they can share it on the portfolio where the student’s parents can see what they did in school. You can upload videos, PDFs, documents, and much more. Some examples include, notes, awards, evidence of growth, and specific activities.

What resonated with me? I feel like I enjoyed knowing more about Fresh Grade because I honestly did not know much before.  What stood out to me was the idea around Fresh Grade.  I feel students take ownership in their work when they can see the comments and questions on their work. I feel like students get a sense of pride knowing that there work is up on display and that they are very much proud of their work.