I helped students create their own Christmas Tree for art class. Students arranged the strips of paper from longest to shortest or vice-versa to make a tree. What a wonderful lesson my Coaching Tree planned out!

My Kindergarten students decorated and put together a gingerbread house during Christmas time. It was lots of fun! Students chose their own candies and icing to place on the house. It was such a treat!

My Coaching Teacher and I decorated our Kindergarten classroom door for the Christmas Door Contest in December. We spent time decorating and coming up with great ideas. This door below represents a gingerbread house.  

For Educational Technology class, we had Janet Chow present via skype. She asked us, what is your story? build your hopes, wishes, dreams, as an educator. I enjoyed this soooo much! We had to build it visually with the supplies given in a paper bag. I built a mountain with all the supplies. The beads represented my accomplishments-my Bachelors of Arts Degree, and my future degrees to come -my Bachelors of Education Degree and Masters Degree. The paperclips represented future challenges that will be in my learning journey. The top was three happy faces representing my end goal– to have a family of my own one day. 

Halloween 2019! I dressed up as a Solar System to my Education UNBC Classes. Halloween is my favourite time of the year and what better way to celebrate by showing off your creativity by wearing it yourself! It was a day to remember!

Each and every one of us originate from diverse backgrounds that make us unique from each other. I had the honour to perform and teach a Punjabi Bollywood dance called “Bhangra” to my fellow UNBC peers. The lesson started off with a video to introduce “Bhangra”, then I showed each dance move step while others watched. In the end, we all were dancing together to the beat of a Bollywood song. A day to remember!

It was one of my first times teaching at Harwin Elementary! I remember having butterflies in my stomach, feeling tired from a sleepless night and I kept thinking.. will they learn from my lesson? I started off reading a story about Totem Poles and had a discussion on the meaning of Totem Poles for First Nations Peoples. I, then had them work in partners with one box per group. I gave them options to use any type of material to display a few of their own cultural components on the box. In the end, we placed it together and it become one big classroom Totem Pole. The Totem Pole culturally represented my students. -It might have been one of my first lessons taught but it was one of my favourite ones by far!

As I taught at Harwin Elementary throughout the weeks, I started to notice something. I had realized there was First Nations artwork framed in the hallways of the entire school. I decided to do something about the artwork. I had students go on an art scavenger hunt around the school. Student’s task was to roughly draw what they found, tell me what they thought each artwork was about, and what it meant to them. Afterward, I had them create a painting of something that represented themselves. I always knew I was a risk-taker at heart.

One of my hobbies includes writing poems on my spare time. I wrote a poem for my inquiry project which included my struggles as a student in my school back in the day. I said the poem aloud to my peers and I had them close their eyes and imagine my struggles as I read the poem. The poem is called Grinch and symbolizes my secondary math teacher.

In Bonnie’s math class, I learned how to teach math games to intermediate grades. I came up with a game called can you suspend math? The student’s task for the game was to see if they could balance the metal sticks onto the wooden beam. They had to roll a dice and pick up a card to determine how many sticks they could place on the beam. It was harder then it looked for sure!

In Bill Hay’s Language and Literacy class, Aleshia and I made a language arts curriculum project on a poster to highlight the different reading for information approaches we would use from reading the book- The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss.

Our Elementary education class took part in an egg drop. We placed ourselves into groups and secured our egg with chosen materials. We tested our eggs in building 10 at UNBC and our egg did not break!! good job team!