In a world full of uniqueness, we all learn, think, and understand differently from each other. Inclusive education creates a sense of belonging and comfort within your community. Educators must strategically educate based on their learners. Some methods include differentiated instruction, understanding your learners, and providing different options for students to learn in their own way. As educators, we vow to welcome each individual with open arms regardless of differences. These differences make us unique and therefore we learn diverse things each and everyday from each other. We are the box of crayons packaged in a cardboard box. The only difference is crayons are placed automatically together forced to be inclusive. Us, on the other hand, have the choice to welcome and create an inclusive classroom for everyone.

I taught a lesson on how to be a good friend. I gave students a puzzle and I said if they commit to being a good friend in the classroom, they can draw and color a portrait of themselves and place it on the wall. This puzzle represents a commitment my students made to the class on being a good friend. 

I found this in the breakfast club at Marie Sharpe while I was doing my practicum. I thought it was so wonderful acknowledging all the different languages you can say good morning that apply to the students of Marie Sharpe. Way to be inclusive!

During my time off on weekends, I took care of a child with cerebral palsy to gain an understanding of the condition. It was a great learning experience. Below is a photo of me placing the child on the floor with a lift for a change-up.

Below is a video of me as a gifted student encountering issues because educators are not differentiating their lesson for me to challenge myself as a learner. As well, the video highlights the stereotypes and behaviours associated with educators being exclusive.