Throughout my education journey, I have completed a Dogwood Certificate and Bachelors of Arts Degree with a major in First Nations Studies. I would also like to say I can speak various languages which include Punjabi, French, and English. I am knowledgeable about the different cultures that exist within my surroundings in Prince George. BC. Through my degree in First Nations Studies, I have really gotten to know the culture, history, and First Nations Peoples perspective in Canada. I  have also connected with my language Punjabi and began taking part in my cultural practices more often.

I taught math and language arts in my first practicum. I began teaching probability in guided math groups for grade 5/6 students. Some things included: pizza fractions where students made fractions from designing their own pizza with foam. It was one of my favorite lessons!

As well, I taught a poetry unit that included 5 senses poem, magazine poem, and haikus with the same grade 5/6 students. I had students use their senses to describe each choosen object around the classroom and create a poem of their own using their 5 senses. 

I would say I am still learning to teach various subjects as I have not taught each and every subject yet. But in order to teach subjects, you need to have an understanding of different learners and respect for social/personal/cultural/economic differences which I would like to say I have. As I further teach various subjects, I hope to embed First Nations Principals into them.

I taught math to my UNBC peers with a marshmallow math lesson where students created shapes using marshmallow and toothpicks 

I taught a science lesson to my UNBC peers where I had students do a coke and mento experiment 

I taught “bhangra” to my UNBC peers with partner, I had students repeat the steps after me and then we all did together with the beat of the music  I taught P.E to my UNBC Peers where students did the Yoga Dance and Triangle Dance after my partner and I explained it. We did the dances with them in groups and got feedback from our peers.