In my Indigenous Epistemology 466 class, we all took part in performing oral storytelling. My peers and I decided to do it on the love story of Ram and Sita- an Indian story originating from the Hinduism religion. This video below captures a glimpse of our performance in acting and teamwork skills as demonstrated throughout the presentation. 

This video demonstrates the challenges First Nations students face when transitioning from elementary years to secondary years. This presentation video was made for UNBC Introduction to Aboriginal Studies with Tina Fraser. 

Students painted an image of a place that they felt most comfortable and safe at. Student’s task was to create an image on the rock and to explain why they chose the image as their comfortable/safe place to be at. The lesson was to gain an understanding of the importance of place to them. 

First Nations principles are embedded in everyday life. I find that you should not only be teaching the principles but also embedding it into your own life. The above video is taken in the beautiful country of the Philippines. As I faced my fear of heights and went ziplining across the ocean, I thought about what did I learn, what changed, and how did I feel during the experience. One of the First Nations principles’ states, “Learning ultimately supports the well-being of the self, the family, the community, the land, the spirits, and the ancestors”. Likewise, I took the experience and reflected on myself not realizing that I was acknowledging the First Nations principles of learning. First Nations principles should not only be taught but also experienced by the educator.