I assessed Kindergarten students on their counting skills. I had students count how many pinecones, ornaments, Christmas trees, snowflakes, and reindeer were in the sensory bin. I assessed them based on if they could count correctly in order. This was a great way to assess students and to have that one-on-one time with my students.

For assessment class, we as students got to assess our own journal reflections after we were done them. It was interesting because when do you ever get to assess your own learning? I find that I was much harder on myself but that naturally happens with most individuals. It was a great way to learn about assessment by doing it on ourselves. 

For Bonnie’s math class, I created an assessment rubric for my lesson on Marshmallow math. The rubric highlighted key criteria that I showed the students so they knew how to be successful during the lesson. It included participation, math skills, materials, presentation of shapes, and teacher comments/observations during the lesson.