•  On the first day of Harwin Elementary, I facilitated a sharing circle with my small group of grades 3 students. By doing this, I really took interest when they talked about some things they like to do outside of school and implemented them into my lesson plans.
  • I spent my reading week trying to know my students. I did not have to go in reading break week but I wanted to go and I took that initiative to see my students in my grade 5/6 class
  •  A student really did not understand the activity and overall lesson in my grade 5/6 class, as I was done teaching, I went back and taught her one-on-one till she understood and I explained to her, its fine not to understand, I sometimes do not understand either but its good you told me because I can always explain it differently.
  • A student started crying while my practicum teacher was teaching and I asked if he wanted to go outside of the room, we walked around and sat somewhere where he felt safe and we talked about what was going on at home. I just listened while he cried to me and then we did something to get his mind off things and I also related my experiences to his.